With Father’s Day fast approaching on June 18th, many of you may be trying to figure out the perfect gift for dad that shows him just how you feel. We’d like to bet that taking him out for a family boat trip to do one of these 6 activities would mean more to him than any present.
1. Fishing: A classic family boating activity that is just as rewarding as it is enjoyable. Dad will love teaching you how to properly bait your line and seeing your eyes light up when you reel in the big one! What’s better is that you can take back all the fresh fish you’ve caught and make a family meal back on the shore. Exciting and delicious!
2. Water-Skiing: Whether you’re and expert waterskiier or a complete beginner, this is a great activity for families. Dad will love watching you get up on the skis for the first time and teaching you small tips and tricks; and if you’re not a beginner you could even teach your dad a few tricks of the trade. This activity also gives the resident family daredevil a chance to show off their crazy skills.
3. Tubing: If you or your siblings are too young to waterski, or if you just love bumpy rides and killer airtime, this activity is perfect for you. Tubing lets your dad take the whole family out for a spin, and because the tube floats on the water younger kids can be taken for a slow and gentle ride while dad and the older crowd are still able to rip around. Plus, nothing’s more fun than laughing at your friends and family wipe out and go flying off the tube.
4. Wakeboarding: If you and your family already know how to water-ski and want to try something new, give wakeboarding a chance. Give dad the perfect excuse to get on the water and test out new stunts – while wearing a life-jacket of course! Wakeboarding is one of the most popular water sports for youth on the water, making this the perfect excuse to grab a board and get on the water!
5. Swimming: If your family prefer relaxation over water-sports, swimming is a great way to spend time with dad on Father’s day! Drop anchor and hop in the water for some fun in the lake; bringing extra water toys and activities can make this an even better outing. Bring goggles, water balls, inflatable water floats and more to entertain you, dad, your siblings, and the rest of the family for hours!
6. Picnic and Stargazing: Another perfect day trip option for families looking for relaxation time on the water. Pack up your fave snacks and drinks, and get out on the water to watch the stars. One of the reasons stargazing is great while boating is because the stars will be more visible thanks to less glare from city lights. Bonus points if you went fishing with dad earlier and brought your freshly caught dinner as your picnic.
There may be a slight chill in the air and pumpkin spice everything has probably taken over most of your life, but that doesn’t mean that summer is over! Our BOATsmart! crew know that feeling of not wanting summer to end; the long warm nights chilling by the fire after spending all day on the boat, soaking up the sun and making memories – we get it, it’s hard to say goodbye. That’s why we’ve come up with some delicious hearty summer recipes to stretch your summer.
Here’s a recipe that will warm your bellies from the barbeque to your plates. It’s dairy-free and vegan, takes about 45 minutes to cook and is considered a super easy dish. Spark up that barbeque and char the eggplant and zucchini as well as the ciabatta to get that smoky taste that makes you think of the smell of the campfire while you sing some Van Morrison with the acoustic guitar.
There is no cooking required for this summer salad, which is probably what makes it so epic. It’s perfect for BBQ’s and buffets, with lamb, steak or chicken kababs! The dressing is super easy, made with fresh herbs that can be blended in a food processor the day-of or up to 24 hours before serving. This salad is so fresh and packed with flavor, you’ll forget fall is around the corner.
This easy recipe takes only 40 minutes in total to prepare and cook, but no one would ever be able to guess! It’s packed with a medley of flavors and the lean pork meatballs are extra juicy and served with a delicious creamy, herby sauce that will leave your guests wanting more! This is a completely gluten-free meal and totally healthy that won’t leave you feeling hungry. It’s the perfect way to stretch your summer one tasty bite at a time.
Although this sounds like it’s on the more difficult side, this is actually qualified as an easy recipe. With a prep time of 15 minutes and cook time of 1 hour and 40 minutes, this hearty chicken casserole will evoke summer in France with the simplistic herbs and vegetables that make it fresh to taste. Serve this stew-like meal right from the dish for a family dinner that will excite your taste buds and have you dreaming of summer nights in Provence.
This vegetarian dish has the same flavor palette as Greek moussaka with pasta rather than potatoes. There are some intense flavours in this dish and is qualified as a medium-level of difficulty to make. It cooks in 1 hour and 35 minutes and will comfortably serve six people. Serve this warm dish golden and bubbly with a hint of fresh thyme and chilli on the top for a mouth-watering experience.
So, there you have it – some delicious recipes that will help you stretch your summer by keeping the barbeque grillin’ and fresh vegetables as your main ingredient. We know all-to-well what it feels like to have boating season coming to a close, but hopefully with these recipes they can help you keep the dinner parties and laughs rolling for a few more weeks.
We have the scoop on the latest and greatest boating accessories from MISSION boat gear! As a team of boating enthusiasts who love being on the water themselves, they understand it’s all about having fun with family and friends out on the water. They want to heighten these experiences with their products to generate smiles and create memories for years to come.
This piece of equipment was created in 2016 and totally changed the game of wake surfing. This new innovation creates a beautiful wave, that distributes the flow of water, opposite of the surfer, allowing you to surf behind your v-drive or direct-drive inboard boat. It’s a removable surf solution that attaches to the side of your boat cleanly with suction. You can thank the people who dedicated over a thousand hours to investing in the prototype that would make the most perfect wake. Every single aspect of DELTA was designed with the wakesurfer in mind and promises to deliver the best-in-class wave performance. The reason for this is due to the geometry of the device; the contoured front panel with engineered side vents generates the perfect amount of turbulence to give you the best wave performance for your boat. If the panels were larger and flat, it would put more stress on the boat and would increase steering problems, fuel consumption and splashing. The reversible orientation design is optimal for direct-drives or complex hulls that require DELTA to be attached higher while the normal orientation is typically used for decently weighted v-drives.
This mat will provide you, your friends and family with endless amounts of fun this summer! Enjoy limitless options as you sit on top of the water on this stable and rigid mat. It’s made with extra durable material that’s used in naval applications with premium drop-stitch construction and double reinforced seams. It’s 4-inches thick, giving the mat maximum stability to perform your favourite acrobatics, golf, cannonballing and much more. It comes in three different sizes for your preference and stows in a small bag. If you’ve ever wanted to know what it feels like to walk on water, now’s your opportunity!
These are the absolute best towels to take with you to the cottage or on a camping trip. The microfibres absorb way more water than cotton towels, they stow small and have an integrated strap which serves as a way to hang the towel to dry. They also come with a water-resistant carrying case to ensure that after a day of wakesurfing, you won’t need to air dry.
These are an innovative boat bumper solution that quickly attaches to boat cleats and docks. What’s different about these fenders is the protection they offer both above and below the rub rail. These fenders have been adapted to meet the needs of boaters today. They are easy to use on smaller boats, boats that don’t have flat sides, handrails and/or high-waisted rub rails. They have a hanging point that’s lower than traditional fenders which aligns with the contour of your boat and keeps it from getting caught on top of the dock. They keep your boat safe with an innovative hanging system (a strap, rather than a rope) and an easy, adjustable locking mechanism that allows you to place it on a boat or dock offering optimal protection.
You can keep your board looking snug as a bug in a rug with these low profile, stylish board SOX. You can choose from the point or snub nose styles. The snub nose fits wakesurf and wakeboards up to 57”, the large point nose fits boards up to 64” and small point nose fits boards up to 55”. These SOX are light-weight, quick-drying and perfect for storing your boards on the boat or at home.
MISSION boat gear is a leading company in the boating accessory industry. They continue to innovate and bring new, exciting products to the water for us to enjoy and create life-long memories. Use one of these accessories next time you’re out on the boat, and you won’t be disappointed! Happy boating!