June 15, 2015

Is there a difference between a Pleasure Craft Operator Card and a Pleasure Craft License?

The Pleasure Craft Operator Card is required for the operator of a boat, whereas a Pleasure Craft License is required for all boats fitted with a engine of 10 HP or more. The original Pleasure Craft Licence certificate must be carried on board at all times and the Pleasure Craft License number must be displayed in a visible area on the both the port and starboard side of each recreational vessel. Specific regulations as to the size and placement of the License numbers can be found in the Canada Shipping Act Small Vessel Regulations.

You can apply for a Pleasure Craft License at your local Service Canada outlet. For the location nearest you please visit www.servicecanada.gc.ca or call 1-800-O-CANADA.


START NOW #Categories: FAQ Canada

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *