According to Nevada’s boat accident reporting requirements, an operator involved in a boat accident is required to:
- Stop their boat at the scene.
- Render assistance to any person who has been injured or who is in danger so long as they can do so without risking their safety or their passenger’s safety.
- Provide their name, address and boat information in writing to any person who was injured, and to the owner of any property that was damaged as a result of the accident.
Boat Accident Reporting
Nevada’s boat accident reporting requirements state that a boat accident must be immediately reported to the Nevada Department of Fish and Wildlife immediately. An accident report form must be filed within 48 hours if:
- A person is killed or disappears from the boat.
- A person requires medical treatment beyond first aid, a person loses consciousness or is disabled for more than 24 hours as a result of the accident.
A written accident report must be submitted within 10 days if:
- Property damage totals more than $2,000.
State-approved Boat Accident Report form: http://www.ndow.org/uploadedFiles/ndoworg/Content/Boat/Boating_Safety/Boat-Accident-Report-Mail-In-Savable.pdf