IDAHO BOATING SAFETY COURSE
IDAHO BOATING LICENSE. ONE-TIME FEE. FREE RETRIES INCLUDED.
SEE HOW IT WORKS
GO BOATING TODAY
Take the Approved Idaho Boating Safety Course and hit the water with confidence.
Recognized and approved by Idaho State Parks and Recreation and recognized in more than 40 states.
KEEPING IDAHO’S BOATERS SAFE
ALL BOAT TYPES
An Idaho Boater Education Card (or boating license) proves that you can safely operate a motorized watercraft on Idaho’s waterways. Boaters can get certified by taking the official BOATsmart! Idaho Boating Safety Course and Test now.
BOATsmart! is recognized and trusted by state governments and regulatory agencies across the United States. We’re proud to be America’s leader in Boating Safety.
Idaho State Parks and Recreation
5657 Warm Springs Ave.
Boise, ID 83716
WATCH, LISTEN + LEARN
ANYWHERE, ON ANY DEVICE. PERFECT FOR ALL AGES.
Our animated and narrated Idaho Boating Safety Course puts you in the captain’s seat. Designed by boaters for boaters, it’s perfect for all ages. Study from your Mobile, Tablet or Desktop and switch between devices at any time. Start now and study at your own pace.
DESIGNED FOR YOU
PROUD TO BE THE #1 CHOICE FOR IDAHO.
100% DESIGNED BY BOATERS FOR BOATERS.
WELCOME TO THE CLUB
IT’S ABOUT MORE THAN A BOATING LICENSE. IT’S ABOUT YOUR TIME. OUT ON THE WATER WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY. CREATING UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS OUTDOORS.
CREATING CONFIDENT BOATERS & GREAT TIMES ON THE WATER
Nothing is better than getting out on the water with your family and friends. We’re here to help you get there with confidence. Let’s do it!
PLUS A WHOLE LOT MORE
BOATsmart!’s Standard One-Time Fee of $29.95 includes the state approved Idaho Boating Safety Course and Official Test, plus a whole lot more.
PRINTABLE TEMP CARD
Print an official Temporary Card immediately when you pass.
STUDY & SAVE TOGETHER
BOATsmart! Exclusive — When you pass the Test, you can pre-pay for your family members to get certified and save up to 30% off the Idaho Boating License — per boater! Pre-Paid Codes will be sent by email and your ‘crew’ can register for the BOATsmart! Course at any time. No fuss!
What Will I Learn In The BOATsmart! Boater Safety Course?
- • Understand boating safety basics and terminology
- • Understand the Rules and Regulations that govern America’s waterways
- • Equip your boat with the right equipment
- • Properly maintain your boat and its equipment
- • Share the waterways and operate your boat in a safe and responsible manner
- • Have confidence when navigating amongst other boat traffic during the day or night
- • Be able to recognize different marker buoys and navigate using them
- • Know how to respond in emergency situations
Is BOATsmart! a Recognized Boating Safety Organization?
Who Is Required To Wear Life Jackets When Boating In Idaho?
- •Boaters 14 years of age or younger who are on board boats that are under 19 feet in length and underway.
- •PWC operators and passengers.
- •Passengers being towed being a boat (i.e. water-skiers).
What Are The Rules For Renting a Personal Watercraft (PWC) In Idaho? Am I Required To Take a Boating Safety Course?
Do I Need An Idaho Driver’s License In Order To Operate a Motorized Boat On State Waters?
Will My BOATsmart! Boating License Be Valid For Boating In Other States?
Can I Challenge The BOATsmart! Idaho Test? Or Do I Have To Complete The 3-Hour Online BOATsmart! Idaho Course?
I Read The BOATsmart! Study Guide Module, Why Can’t I Access The Next Lesson?
How Do I Register My Boat In Idaho?
- The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation
- Registration Section
- P.O. Box 83720 Boise, ID,
What Are Idaho’s Penalties And Fines For Boaters Who Are Convicted Of Operating a Boat While Under The Influence Of Alcohol Or Drugs?
What Are The Laws For Boating With Alcohol In Idaho?
Who Enforces The Laws On Idaho’s Waterways?
- • The sheriffs and deputy sheriffs of the respective counties.
- • The U.S. Coast Guard (on federal waters).
Is a Boater Education Card Required In Idaho?
How Do I Prepare For The Idaho Boating Safety Test
Is a Boating License Required In Idaho?
What Are The Minimum Technical Requirements To Access The Online Boating Safety Test?
- 1024 x 768 Screen Resolution
- Firefox 3.0 or greater
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
- Safari 2.0 or greater
- Google Chrome
- Some pop-up blockers may require you to enable pop-ups to use this site
- Certain areas of this site require Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader
- The final exam requires Internet Connectivity which is at 56kb or above
Who Is BOATsmart!?
AMERICA’S BOATING COURSE
TRUSTED AND RECOGNIZED BY BOATERS FROM COAST-TO-COAST
We’ve been making smart and safe boaters for over 10 years. And we’re proud to be boaters too.
Learn more about Boating in Idaho! We’ll hook you up with everything you need to know about Idaho’s best lakes, fishing spots and State Parks.