TAKE THE BOATING COURSE ONLINE
Take the official BOATsmart! Course online and watch, listen and learn on any device. Our animated, narrated and brilliantly illustrated boating course puts you right in the Captain’s seat. Everything you need to pass the California Boating Safety Test and boat with confidence included.
Boaters in California must pay a fee and obtain a California Boater Card Application ID. Boaters must enter their Application ID when registering for the BOATsmart! California Course.
- Made for boaters, by boaters
- Designed for all ages and abilities
- Study at your own pace, your progress is tracked automatically
- Optimized for all devices, including mobile
PASS THE OFFICIAL TEST
The California Boating Safety Test is open-book and available to boaters of all ages, including boaters under 16 years of age.
- State-approved California Boating Safety Test
- No minimum age
- Unlimited free test retries included
PRINT YOUR TEMP CARD
Yeah buoy! You’re a captain now! You’ve now gained the knowledge to boat with confidence. Immediately upon passing the test, you’ll be able to print a temporary California Boater Card. Your permanent card is mailed at no charge.
- Print your temporary California Boater Card immediately
- Receive your official permanent card within 4-6 weeks
- Your California Boater Card is good for life
California Approved Online Boating Safety Course
The BOATsmart! Course is 100% State Approved and includes all the knowledge required to obtain your California Boater Card. Take the boating course online at your own pace with easy-to-understand, step-by-step lessons.
Step Inside the
The BOATsmart! Course includes all required NASBLA syllabus standards in an easy-to-navigate and understandable format, organized into 6 learning modules and practice quizzes that help you test your comprehension prior to the final test.
“GREAT COURSE! COVERED EVERYTHING NEEDED. HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOATSMART!”
– Glenn R, Orange County, CA –